It is with great pleasure that we can confirm that seven rather than six projects have been awarded grants in Trail Fund NZ’s “Winter” funding round. We decided to expand the number of grants awarded for this round because we received seven great proposals that met all the criteria. The recipients are:
- Castle Hill Community Association – Craigieburn. Funds will be used to provide materials to complete the car park at the trail head.
- Tokoroa Mountain Bike Club – Cougar Park. Funds will be used to renew signage in the park.
- Hunua Mountain Bike Club – Hunua DH Track. Funds will go towards covering the costs of the use of a digger (diesel and machine hire) for extending the downhill race track.
- Kapiti Mountain Bike Club – Whareroa Farm. Funds will be used to purchase tools and wheel barrows to help them complete their first descending trail.
- Golden Bay Mountain Bike Club – Rameka Track. Funds will go towards covering the costs of fuel etc. for a digger that has been lent to the project.
- Wellington Mountain Bike Club – Mystic Portal. Funds will be used for retaining materials to upgrade jumps and other stunts on this expert / freeride track.
- Wellington South Coast Kids Track – Island Bay. Funds will be used for purchasing tools to help with the construction of a proposed kids trail and pump track.
This is the second round of Trail Fund NZ grants that we have awarded so far this year bringing the total funds awarded to a total of $6370 across 11 projects in 6 regions (Auckland, Waikato, Manawatu-Wanaganui, Wellington, Tasman and Canterbury). We will get a few profiles out over the coming weeks so you can learn more about these great projects.
Remember even just following our Facebook page, liking links to articles like this and generally letting your views known is a big help when we go to talk to sponsors who love to know there is an audience out there paying attention. That means telling your mates about what we are doing and getting others interested is a valuable contribution to what we’re trying to achieve.
And for those projects who didn’t get an application in this round we will have another round in the next couple of months and will confirm details soon, so get thinking about how some additional $$ could help accelerate the great work you are doing already or planning to do.
Ben on behalf of the whole Trail Fund NZ team.